6/0 UNI-Thread

Realistic caddis pupa fly pattern

Realistic Caddis Pupa

This Realistic Caddis Pupa fly pattern looks so good you might not want to fish it, but if you do, it’s incredible for targeting trout and other freshwater species that feed on caddis pupae. This versatile pattern imitates the transitional stage of the caddisfly’s lifecycle as it transforms from a larva into an adult. Caddis […]

Realistic Caddis Pupa Read More »

Hot spot sexy waltz

Sexy Walt’s Worm

The original Walt’s Worm was named after and created by Walt Young, who fished it on Spring Creek in Central Pennsylvania. The Sexy Walt’s variation adds a hot spot, and sometimes a second color of dubbing behind the hot spot. This pattern was tied by Raymond Collette, aka @theokayfisherman on Instagram and YouTube. Check out

Sexy Walt’s Worm Read More »

Wooly bugger fly pattern

Conehead Wooly Bugger

This is a semi-standard wooly bugger, with the addition of some red rabbit rubbing just behind the conehead bead that’s brushed out to give the appearance of gills, or… blood? Anyway, it’s a red hotspot that seems to trigger fish pretty nicely. The Woolly Bugger is a renowned fly pattern cherished by fly anglers worldwide.

Conehead Wooly Bugger Read More »

Prince nymph fly pattern

Prince Nymph

One of the most tried and true classic nymph patterns. This version is the bare bones, tied without a bead. There are countless variations, but I always like having a few of these in my box next to the more “out there” variants (UV dubbing, red-dyed herl, etc…) The Prince Nymph was created by Doug

Prince Nymph Read More »

Shrimp fly pattern

Pink Egg Scud

There are countless versions of scuds/freshwater shrimp, but something about this pink hot spot in the middle of a clear UV resin body really gets those trout excited. Here I’ve opted for ostrich herl for the legs rather than dubbing. I find it works better here with the resin body.

Pink Egg Scud Read More »